G3 Technologies, Inc. is a technology based company that develops innovative wireless products and solutions. G3Ti is looking for motivated individuals who thrive in a dynamic work culture. We offer a fast paced work environment with several office locations, competitive salary and benefits, 401K matching, and generous profit sharing plan.
G3Ti maintains significant expertise in RF Communications, Telecommunications, as well as System, Hardware and Software engineering allowing it to provide unique solutions to our customer’s leading edge problems. Our products range from hand held to room size solutions with rapid development profiles that address real world problems.
The Senior Buyer is an instrumental role in the Engineering, Product Development and Production environment of the Mount Airy, MD office. This role interacts with engineers, production personnel and researchers to ensure that all procurement needs are met. This role interacts with financial and accounting personnel to ensure that all material is properly tracked and accounted.
You will apply your creative problem solving skills to evolve our procurement system, while contributing on a daily basis to our procurement needs. This is a hands on position that also requires strategic planning ability.
As a team member, you will be expected to:
- Buyer – Process POs, develop vendor relationships in support of parts expediting and price negotiations.
- Subcontract Management – Act as the primary point of contact and oversight to major subcontracts such as metal fabrication, printed circuit board (PCB) fabrication and contract assembly. Must be experienced in dealing both with subcontracts and with engineering staff, taking the lead in subcontracts management.
- Be a hands on contributor, provide oversight and perform strategic planning for procurement.
- Be self-motivated, taking independent initiative.
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Team-oriented character.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Conscientious, detail-oriented.
- High School Diploma or College Degree.
- Computer knowledge and ability to adapt to different data management systems.
- Problem solving ability to streamline procurement and inventory management processes.
- “Roll up your sleeves” and let’s get it done attitude.
Candidates should also possess strong familiarity with one or more of the following:
- Electronic component procurement experience.
- Manufacturing Resource Planning system experience.
- Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office Experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org