The Mechanical Engineer applies principles and understanding of mechanical design, wiring and cabling design, electronics cooling, and thermal design, printed circuit board design, and safety compliance requirements to conceive, develop, prototype, and document the mechanical design of G3’s wireless receiver and transceiver products.
• Conceive and design the mechanical packaging for wireless/cellular receiver and transceiver products and sub-assemblies ranging from standalone modules to full-cabinet enclosure designs.
• Apply skills and knowledge in developing the overall product package design to meet exacting electrical, thermal, mechanical, environmental, and compliance specifications for product design
• Select mechanical components (clamps, standoffs, brackets, hardware, fans, etc.) and design/document-related mechanical assemblies and structures.
• Expected to create working models of new product concepts using 3D CAD software (Solid Works) and subsequently build physical prototypes to support product development.
• Prepare and communicate specifications for the purchase of materials and equipment/tooling when necessary
• Fully document the top-level product; documentation includes Bills of Material (BOMs), Assembly Drawings, cable and wiring drawings and diagrams, family trees, block diagrams, and schematics.
• Work with the assembly team to improve product manufacturing.
• Support product continuation engineering efforts over the life of the product
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS:
To be considered for this position, you must demonstrate a reasonable amount of knowledge in the skills, and abilities listed below:
• Experience using SolidWorks 2017 or higher (assembly, sheet metal, 3D modeling, and drawings)
• Experience with thermal design and analysis.
• Experience with cable assemblies, rack-mounted products, and bench-top devices preferred
• Familiarity and experience using hand tools, small-scale machinery, and other equipment related to manufacturing
• Experience with 3D printing for rapid prototypes and manufacturing
• Ability to read blueprints, schematics, assembly drawings, and wire lists.
• Ability to use measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers, and scales.
• Skills in writing technical documentation
• Must be able to communicate effectively with management and manufacturing technicians
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrate excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment.
• Demonstrate ability to independently manage assigned tasks and projects and complete them on time and within budget
• Excellent problem-solving skills
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (Master’s degree is a plus)
• At least 3 years of mechanical engineering working experience with skilled usage of Solid Works design
ADDITIONAL DESIRED SKILLS:
• Familiar with OrCAD, KiCad EDA
• Knowledge of ISO and safety standards (e.g. IEC/UL 60950)
• Good understanding of motherboards, CPUs, embedded computer components
• Knowledge of digital & analog circuits
• Skills in schematic design & PCB layout, component selection, prototype building (breadboarding and soldering), and debugging are preferred
• Familiarity with standard bench tests equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, DMMs, etc. Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
About G3 Technologies, Inc.
G3 Technologies, Inc. is a dynamic company providing state-of-the-art wireless technology solutions, specializing in software development, cellular technology, wireless protocols, signal processing, and systems integration. We are a nimble, non-bureaucratic company characterized by technological innovation, extraordinary effort, and dedication to our customers, employees, and suppliers.
The atmosphere is fast-paced and agile, shifting rapidly to meet the pressing needs of our customers. Team mentality, excellent work ethic, initiative, innovation, and an entrepreneurial spirit are critical factors to your success here.
G3 Technologies Inc offers generous benefits, including:
• Generous and Flexible Vacation/Paid Time Off plan
• Company- paid Medical and Prescription benefits
• Company-paid Dental benefits
• Company-paid Vision benefits
• FSA (Flexible Spending Account) and HSA (Health Savings Account)
• Tuition Assistance
• 401k matching
• Life Insurance
• Long-term Disability
• Gym Membership
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Additional voluntary benefits are available
We have several exciting new opportunities available at our New Jersey office in Berkeley Heights, NJ (30 miles west of NYC).
If you are interested, send your resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org