Our company provides a broad range of technology consulting, M2M, and scalable high performance computing solutions for customers worldwide. We are a nimble, non-bureaucratic company characterized by technological innovation, extraordinary effort, and dedication to our customers, employees, and suppliers. The atmosphere is fast-paced and agile, shifting rapidly to the pressing needs of our customers. Team mentality, excellent work ethic, initiative, innovation, and an entrepreneurial spirit are key factors to our success.
The Network Engineer is responsible for designing, deploying, installing, and upgrading local and globally distributed networks and associated equipment. This position requires troubleshooting and resolving complex technical problems relating to installations, upgrades, and maintenance of networks. This requires configuring and troubleshooting network hardware including routers and switches, analyzing network performance across VPN tunnels and WANs, as well as identifying and developing remedies for network related issues. Frequent communication and coordination with stake holders are required. Additionally, the Network Engineer is expected to create and maintain detailed diagrams and technical documentation of network systems. Work schedule is normal business hours Monday through Friday with limited to no travel required. May occasionally require off-hours support for network integration projects and advanced network troubleshooting.
- Design, deploy, and troubleshoot functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN)
- Configure and install Routers (Cisco 4000, 2900, 1900), firewalls (Cisco ACL and ZBF), switches (Cisco IOS/IOS-XE)
- Configure Windows/Linux physical and VM servers
- Manage and configure monitoring sensors for systems
- Monitor network performance and integrity
- Mentor team members on technical issues
- Assist in creation and testing of network security measures (e.g., access authentication and disaster recovery)
- Communicate with users when needed
- Create and maintain complete technical documentation
- Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity, and scalability
Mandatory Job Qualifications
- Network, computer science, Information Technology, or similar Bachelor’s degree plus minimum 3 years hands on experience in a network engineering operational support role or minimum 7 years hands on experience in a network engineering operational support role.
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco IOS and IOS-XE command line configuration and troubleshooting including routing, firmware upgrades, debug logging, ACLs, NAT, VLANs, and network traffic packet captures.
- Familiarity with data center infrastructure along with Cisco ISR routers and switches including but not limited to 43xx, 42xx, 36xx, 35xx, 29xx, 19xx, and 88x.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco site to site IPSec policy-based routing VPN configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experience with the implementation and use of network monitoring, fault management and performance analysis tools, including Syslog, SNMP, Nagios, PRTG, SolarWinds.
- Familiarity with network security concepts, best practices, and technologies including SSH, RADIUS, TACACS, and firewall policies.
- Experience reading and interpreting network packet captures utilizing tools such as Wireshark.
- Experience creating and updating Microsoft Visio physical and logical network diagrams.
- Creative problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, and ability to “think outside the box”.
- A strong desire to learn new skills.
Desired Job Qualifications
- Cisco CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE certifications
- Cisco SNORT IDS/IPS configuration development and monitoring.
- Cisco VTI IPSec site to site VPN tunnel design, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of internetworking routing protocols & technologies (DMVPN, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, VRRP, HSRP, NHRP). Experience creating Methods and Procedures documentation for technical audiences.
- C# or PowerShell scripting development/testing experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com