Senior Software Engineer
About the Job
The G3 Technologies, Inc. (G3TI) senior software engineer develops high performance C++, C# and Python software applications for data movement and data transformation systems. Responsibilities include: developing new applications; extending, maintaining and troubleshooting existing applications; and migrating application suites to new hardware and operating systems. The G3TI senior software engineer executes individual tasks with excellence, collaborates with team members to accomplish projects and mentors junior colleagues.
What will I be doing?
- Serving as a practitioner and subject matter expert for C++, C# and Python application architecture and development across multiple projects and project teams.
- Performing full life-cycle application development (architecting, designing, implementing, testing, integrating, maintaining, reviewing and documenting software applications and systems).
- Innovating new approaches to solve emerging customer data transport and transformation needs.
- Collaborating with colleagues to successfully execute complex software system projects from concept to operational deployment.
- Improving software development processes and software quality by mentoring fellow team members in best practices and by exploring new technologies and tools.
- Growing your technical knowledge and problem-solving skills in the context of our projects.
What are we looking for?
Experienced professionals from software, system and information technology backgrounds that are talented, capable, innovative, entrepreneurial and self-motivated. We seek colleagues who demonstrate the following traits:
- Team players – willing to help colleagues and work as a team member or team leader as needed.
- Conscientious and detail-oriented – incorporate quality into every aspect of their work.
- Communicators – have excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills.
- Versatile – have a “Roll up your sleeves” and “let’s get it done” attitude to accomplish our team goals.
- Leaders – proactive planners who think ahead and bring others along to satisfy a customer need.
What technical experience do I need to be successful at this job?
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- 5-7 years of related industry experience developing high performance C++, C# and Python software applications for Linux environments (including command line experience).
What technical experience is highly desirable for this job?
- Programming languages such as C, Modern C++, C# (and .NET Framework), Python, BASH/Shell.
- Build systems and continuous integration systems (such as CMake, Jenkins, Waf).
- Software lifecycle management tools (such as Subversion, Git, Perforce, Bugzilla).
- Linux operating systems and command-line environments (including troubleshooting, debugging and analysis tools).
- Documenting complex software designs and solutions.
- Common networking, remote-access and file-transfer protocols and applications.
- Virtualization and cloud technologies, including toolsets and user-interfaces.
- Modernizing legacy systems; reverse engineering existing systems and software designs.
- Wireless protocols and technologies (GSM, CDMA, UMTS, LTE).
Who are we?
G3 Technologies, Inc. is a dynamic technology company providing innovative products, solutions, and services focused on wireless telecommunications since 2001. G3TI pairs problem-domain experience with solution-domain knowledge to rapidly solve our customers’ leading-edge real-world problems using advanced technologies. G3TI maintains significant expertise in system, software and hardware engineering. We are seeking to add motivated individuals to our team who continually strive for personal excellence in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
What are our company benefits?
As a G3TI employee, work-life balance is a priority. Employment with G3TI includes a comprehensive benefits package to support our employees and their families with company paid medical/vision/dental insurance, paid time off, 401(k) with company matching and more.
To apply for this job email your details to HRMA@g3ti.net