G3 Technologies, Inc. is a technology based company that develops innovative wireless products and solutions. G3TI is looking for motivated individuals who thrive in a dynamic work culture. We offer a fast paced work environment with several office locations, competitive salary and benefits, 401K matching, and generous profit sharing plan.
G3TI maintains significant expertise in RF Communications and Telecommunications, as well as System, Hardware and Software engineering, allowing it to provide unique solutions to our customer’s leading edge problems. Our products range from hand held to room size solutions with rapid development profiles that address real world problems.
As a Surface Mount Technology (SMT) Assembler/General Assembler, you will be responsible for contributing to the mission success of G3 Technologies’ customers by assembling circuit boards using a combination of SMT and Through-Hole grade parts, reworking SMT boards, assembling cables and mechanical assembly of Printed Circuit Assemblies into chassis. SMT component assembly includes placement and removal of fine pitch parts, leadless chip parts as well as 0201 sized discrete components. The ability to work using engineering change documentation as a guide is required. Familiarity with performing rework under a microscope is important. The ability to use a DVM to verify cable integrity is highly desirable
As a team member, you will be expected to
- Ensure quality product delivery to G3T customers through quality assembly, attention to detail and awareness of product level requirements.
- Circuit Board Assembly
- Assembly of components onto circuit boards using a combination of SMT and Through-Hole grade parts.
- Board level rework of SMT or Through-Hole components.
- Unit and System Assembly
- Assembly of interconnect cabling and chassis components.
- Work with ruggedized assembly techniques (Loctite, RTV, Locking Fasteners, etc.)
- Assembly Documentation, Inspection and Review
- Document assembly procedures for quick reaction assembly tasks.
- Working with the engineering team, document, review and provide feedback on system assembly instructions.
- Perform inspection of work performed by peers to ensure the product is assembled to G3T quality standards.
- Process Improvement-Refine and develop new assembly procedures and guidelines for consistent product delivery
- Three or more years’ experience in related field to include:
- High density SMT part assembly/rework including precision soldering, IPC-A-610 or equivalent experience
- RF Connector/cable assembly
- Unit level (boards into units including cabling) and Chassis level Assembly
- Cable dressing
- RF Unit assembly
- Capable of working independently or as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, application software such as MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Outlook)and internet use for communication and record keeping.
Experience that is desired but not required
- Team oriented character.
- Commitment to mission success.
- Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated history of being a self-starter.
- Conscientious, detail oriented character.
- Time management skills including the ability to prioritize.
- Assembly Lead Experience.
- Metal fabrication (Mill (Manual or CNC), Drill Press, Sheet-metal Brake, Drop Saw, Band Saw, Hand Drill, Etc.).
- Production scheduling and deadline management.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org