Wireless Systems Engineer
Wireless Systems Engineer
- Act as the conduit between various teams (DSP, S/W, HW, RF, I&T) that are contributing to projects to understand and capture design details.
- Work with customers and product leads to create system-level requirements
- Understand system-level requirements and work with various teams to ensure that designs/implementations are meeting expectations
- Derive requirements, conceptualize, define, design & prototype systems engineering solutions
- Document designs and interfaces, distribute across teams and conduct reviews and discussions.
- Understand the big picture but also break it down to system-level components to capture dependencies, bottlenecks, or risk areas in the design.
- Travel to other G3 locations or customer sites as necessary
- May support or lead proposal efforts and new business development opportunities
- May assist in creating schedules that capture dependencies across system components and respective teams
Skills and Knowledge/Qualifications:
To be considered for this position, you must meet the minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Prior experience designing or building cellular wireless communications receiver or transmitter products/systems.
- Familiar with standard receiver performance specifications and test procedures
- Good knowledge and understanding of various engineering principles that apply to wireless communications systems (RF, DSP, FPGA, software, digital/hardware, mechanical/packaging) and their interdependencies
- Excellent understanding of commercial cellular wireless systems (2G, 3G, 4G) how they work, the interaction between mobile devices, towers, and network components
- Excellent written skills using MS office (Word, Visio, Excel)
- Highly proficient in creating engineering documents: system designs, interface specifications, requirements/specifications, etc.
- Excellent verbal communications skills, ability to tailor methods of communication to communicate with a variety of very smart/talented people across the organization
- Highly motivated, able to work independently with minimal direction
- Proven track record of always striving to learn new things & understanding the big picture
- Excellent organization skills, able to manage time, tasks, and priorities.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Computer Engineering
- 7+ years of related experience
- Advanced degree preferred
Additional Desired Skills:
- Familiarity with Linux
- Good understanding of commercial wireless Air Interfaces 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G networks.
- Good understanding of networking and TCP/IP
- Experience using wireless test equipment (BTS emulators, Sig Gens, Spectrum Analyzers, etc.)
About G3 Technologies, Inc.
G3 Technologies, Inc. is a dynamic company providing state-of-the-art wireless technology solutions, specializing in software development, cellular technology, wireless protocols, signal processing, and systems integration. We are an agile, non-bureaucratic company characterized by technological innovation, extraordinary effort, and dedication to our customers, employees, and suppliers.
The atmosphere is fast-paced and agile, shifting rapidly to meet the pressing needs of our customers. Team mentality, an excellent work ethic, initiative, innovation, and an entrepreneurial spirit are key to your success here.
G3 Technologies, Inc. offers generous benefits, including:
- Generous and Flexible Vacation/Paid Time Off plan
- Company-paid Medical and Prescription benefits
- Company-paid Dental benefits
- Company-paid Vision benefits
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account) and HSA (Health Savings Account)
- Tuition Assistance
- 401k matching
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability
- Gym Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Additional voluntary benefits are available
We have several exciting new opportunities available at our New Jersey office, currently located in Berkeley Heights, NJ (30 miles west of NYC).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com